- Kia is set to launch the Seltos compact SUV on August 22.
- It will be available in two variants: GT Line and HT Line.
- The Seltos will be offered with three engine and four transmission options.
- It is likely to be priced from around Rs 10 lakh to 16 lakh (ex-showroom).
Kia has announced that it will commence bookings for the Seltos from July 16. Prospective customers can bookings the Seltos through Kia India’s website or its 206 nationwide sales points. The Seltos is the Korean brand’s flag bearer in India and it will come loaded with multiple engine-gearbox options, features and impressive styling. The Seltos, which made its global debut in India, is set to be launched in the country on August 22.
Currently, Kia has 265 touch points across 160 cities in the country. The SUV will come with three BS6-complaint engine, four gearbox options and two variants — GT Line and HT Line. The 1.5-litre diesel engine pushes out 115PS of power. It can be had with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed automatic.
As far as petrol engines are concerned, the 1.5-litre unit makes 115PS, while the range-topping 1.4-litre turbocharged unit produces 140PS and 242Nm. The naturally aspirated motor will be offered with a CVT as well as a 6-speed manual gearbox, while the turbocharged engine will be offered with the choice of a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT).
Standout features on the Kia Seltos include a 10.25-inch infotainment system, Bose surround-sound system, an 8.0-inch head-up display, a 360-degree camera with blind view monitor, sound mood lighting, ventilated seats, powered driver’s seat, a sunroof and UVO Connect connected car features.
Here’s what the press release says:
Kia Seltos bookings begin on 16th July
• Customers will be able to pre-book the car on Kia Motors India website and through all dealerships across the country from 16th of July
• Kia Seltos will be offered in two trims – GT Line and Tech Line with many first in segment features
• The Seltos will come in three Engine variants: Smartstream 1.5 Petrol, 1.5 Diesel CRDI VGT and Smartstream 1.4 Turbo Petrol, all BSVI compliant right from the launch
• Equipped with the UVO connect system with 37 attractive features
New Delhi, 15 July 2019: Kia Motors, the world’s 8th largest auto manufacturer today revealed that the pre-bookings of the Seltos will begin on 16th July online and across its 206 sales points in India. The stylish and aggressive looking Seltos would be a defining chapter in its segment and the Indian automobile industry at large and introduce India to ‘The Future of Design’. Delivering on its promise to enter India with the highest number of customer touch points, Kia Motors India has started its innings in India with 265 touchpoints across 160 cities enabling the brand to be accessible by everyone and everywhere in India.
Mr. Manohar Bhat, Vice President and Head – Sales and Marketing, Kia Motors India said, “The Kia Seltos has been built from ground-up, keeping Indian customers in mind and is equipped to redefine the segment. I am proud of the hard-work and dedication put in by all our team in the development of the Seltos, and that has paid off in the way the car has come about to be. We are confident that the customers will be equally delighted by the specifications combination and our wide-spread network of 265 touchpoints in 160 cities that will instill confidence and recognition of the brand. We can’t wait for India to experience the stylish Seltos.”